Saturday, January 11, 2014

After all, they are just words...

I often thought of the internet, MySpace, and blogging as a means of selfishness. This has carried on for decades now. It was a means of throwing one's opinion, perspective, or legacy out for display. Like a glorifed popularity event counting counters and checking comments was or is their life. Being a introvert doesn't help with this line of thinking, but it has changed over the last few days.  Before I carry on further, please, those of you who I know prior to this post, please don't think I think less or have thought less of you. You are the most important people in this world, I was generalizing and have to exclude you.

Finally something clicked and said what if no one knows it's you... To keep your anonymity and set free the words. After all, they are just words, but I struggle with that because those words are my thoughts, they are my voice, and I don't share. So who is more selfish?

This was the conundrum I woke up to and glared at as a challenge. With my shield of only a select few knowing who this is, and my shroud of otherwise complete anonymity, it will allow me the liberty to let go of the pent up, garbled randomness and share. I'm not sure how many will care to share garbled randomness... My next question is, with the seven billion people that are in this world, how many of us have thought the same thing?

No comments: